Ghatasthapana Date And Time 2023 – Rituals, and Significance
Ghatasthapana, marking the commencement of Sharad Navratri, holds immense significance in Hindu traditions. Scheduled for Sunday, October 15, 2023, between 11:44 AM and 12:32 PM, this ritual is a vital precursor to the nine-day celebration of Goddess Durga. Let’s delve into the details of Ghatasthapana, its rituals, and the auspicious timings.
Ghatasthapana 2023 Date and Time:
The Ghatasthapana ritual for Sharad Navratri is set to take place on Sunday, October 15, 2023. The auspicious time for Ghatasthapana is from 11:44 AM to 12:32 PM, lasting for 48 minutes. This period, falling during the dominance of Pratipada, marks the beginning of the Navratri festivities.
Significance of Ghatasthapana:
Ghatasthapana is a sacred rite associated with invoking the nine forms of Goddess Durga, each worshipped during the nine days of Navratri. These divine forms include Shailaputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skandamata, Katyayani, Kalratri, Mahagauri, and Siddhidatri. The ritual is believed to usher in blessings, strength, and prosperity for devotees embarking on this spiritual journey.
How to Perform Ghatasthapana Vidhi:
Performing Ghatasthapana requires specific items, including an earthen pot, copper or brass pot (Kalash), clean soil, seven grains, Ganga Jal, holy thread, betel nuts, rice grains, mango leaves, red fabric, unpeeled coconut, Durva grass, scent, and money. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Fill the earthen pot: Fill the earthen pot with grains and cover the base with clean soil, invoking the presence of Goddess Durga.
- Prepare the Kalash: In the copper or brass pot (Kalash), add grains, Ganga Jal, betel nuts, rice, Durva grass, money, and scent. Cover the Kalash’s mouth with six mango leaves and place the unpeeled coconut on top, tying it with a sacred thread.
- Place the Kalash: Put the Kalash in the clay container with clean soil.
Auspicious Timings and Nakshatra:
|Chitra Nakshatra begins||04:24 PM on Oct 14, 2023|
|Chitra Nakshatra ends||06:13 PM on Oct 15, 2023|
|Vaidhriti Yoga begins||10:25 AM on Oct 14, 2023|
|Vaidhriti Yoga ends||10:25 AM on Oct 15, 2023|
Importance of Abhijit Muhurat:
If the morning period for Ghatasthapana is not accessible, the Abhijit Muhurat is considered powerful and auspicious. It counters doshas and is ideal for initiating new beginnings and inviting good fortune.
As devotees prepare for Sharad Navratri, Ghatasthapana serves as a crucial ceremony that sets the tone for the nine days of worship. Observing this ritual with precision and devotion is believed to bring luck, prosperity, and divine blessings. Let the Ghatasthapana 2023 date and time be a guide for seekers embarking on this auspicious journey.
FAQs – Ghatasthapana 2023:
- What is Ghatasthapana?
- Ghatasthapana is a ritual marking the beginning of Sharad Navratri, where the Goddess Durga is invoked, and nine days of celebrations commence.
- When is Ghatasthapana 2023?
- Ghatasthapana is scheduled for Sunday, October 15, 2023, between 11:44 AM and 12:32 PM.
- What are the essential items for Ghatasthapana?
- Essential items include an earthen pot, copper or brass pot (Kalash), clean soil, seven grains, Ganga Jal, holy thread, betel nuts, rice grains, mango leaves, red fabric, unpeeled coconut, Durva grass, scent, and money.
- Can Ghatasthapana be performed in the evening?
- Ghatasthapana should ideally be performed in the morning during the first third of the Pratipada tithi. If not possible, the Abhijit Muhurat can be considered.
- What is the significance of Chitra Nakshatra during Ghatasthapana?
- Chitra Nakshatra is associated with creativity and auspicious beginnings, making it an ideal time for Ghatasthapana during Navratri.
Note: The timings and rituals may vary based on regional customs and individual preferences.